RELEASE BLITZ & REVIEW - CYANIDE BY ELLA FIELDS





Title: Cyanide
Series: Surface Rust #1
Author: Ella Fields
Genre: Contemporary Romance Standalone
Release Date: August 24, 2017







Heartless. Conceited. Shallow.
Three simple words to describe me. 
I had everything a girl could ask for, yet nothing I truly needed.
I'd made peace with who I was and the expectations set upon me long ago.
Only to have that peace shattered when a nameless hero rode into my world. 
I wasn't allowed to have him.
Too bad I never cared much for the word no.
Because I'd soon learn the hard way that too much self-indulgence could result in incurable consequences.








He moves to unzip his fly, and I snap into action, stopping him. Biting my lip, I reach down between us and do it myself then tuck my hand inside his black boxer briefs. My eyes never leave his, so I catch every reaction my touch elicits. His nostrils and eyes both flare when my hand finds his velvety length. Rock hard with pre-cum resting at the tip. I swipe my thumb over it, and he visibly shivers. Grinning, I squeeze him gently and start to move my hand up and down, loving the way his breathing turns ragged until he stops me. “Shit, you gotta stop, or this will be over real quick.” 

“Oh? What happened to all night?” I taunt. 
He leans in to nip my bottom lip, and my panties grow even wetter. “Frost”—he tsks—“this is only round one.” 
My breath hitches, but I try not to let any more surprise show and lift my thumb between us to my mouth, sucking his excitement from it and fluttering my lashes.
“Jesus fucking …” His mouth crashes into mine, rough hands tangle into my hair, and I hear the ting of my hair pins as they fall to the counter and floor.




REVIEW

4.5 stars
Cyanide is the spin-off of Frayed Silk and the first in a duet of standalones. You don’t have to read Frayed Silk to read Cyanide but this is where we met Jared.

Cyanide starts with Vera demanding her boyfriend leave her on the side of the road after he takes her surprise house hunting. She is not interested in becoming anything permanent with him. This is where she meets Jared! Sexy as fuck Jared! Jared, Jared, Jared……. anyway, lol.....moving on. Jared sees Vera on the side of the road and gives her a lift home. Of course they don’t intend to see each other again but they soon keep crossing paths.

Vera is a rich, beautiful, and what many would consider a spoiled princess. Yes, she was living off daddy’s money but I found her to be a lot deeper than that. She is unhappy but going through the motions and doing what is expected of her. Jared’s life is basically the complete opposite of what Vera knows. He is way out of her comfort zone but he is hard to resist. These two were quite funny together. I love the date he took her on and the camping. Her "uppity" came out but she pushed through and gave Jared a chance. It made for some cute scenes in the book.

It’s not long before these two are burning up the sheets and heading into serious territory. But Vera will have to make a choice and decide if her life of privilege is worth keeping. Cyanide was a great story about a woman finding herself and standing on her own. Jared was just the reason she needed to take her life into her own hands. I think she would have gotten there in time but he gave her a reason to speed up the process. Jared isn’t really looking for serious but when he put his heart on the line he was honest and vulnerable. He knew she could break him and he was right. They both made really stupid mistakes. Vera didn’t communicate herself to Jared and he in turn lashed out. He basically hits back because he expects people to disappoint. Their actions cause a lot of pain and they end up having to work at fixing what they broke.

I am glad I discovered Ms. Fields work and am looking forward to what she writes next. I know Cyanide hasn’t even released yet but I am greedy. I want Felix’s book now. Hurry up Ms. Fields.

Well Done!











Ella Fields is a mother and wife who lives in the land Down Under. While her kids are in school, you might find her talking about her characters and books to her two cats. She's a notorious chocolate and notebook hoarder who enjoys creating hard-won happily ever afters.






HOSTED BY:



Comments

Popular Posts