Release Blitz & Review - Rise by Dylan Allen

rise_amazon_ibooks-1
Cover Design: Indie Solutions by Murphy Rae
Release Date: February 15, 2017
Synopsis
As a little girl, I saw my father destroy the family he claimed to love. I watched my mother waste her life dreaming of a man who left her without a second glance. As a woman, I don’t dream, I work. I don’t fall in love, I focus. I would never let anything as frivolous as love distract me. Until I meet Simon. A gorgeous, brilliant young architect with dark eyes, a sweet smile, and a dirty, dirty mouth. He sets me on fire, and suddenly all I can do is dream…of his hands, his lips, his body. Of a heart good enough and a love strong enough to make me believe in happily ever after. But Simon has secrets that are even deeper than mine. Will our pasts destroy everything we’ve worked for? Or will we find the courage to rise to the challenge and fight for the love we share?
   
Goodreads
BUY LINKS



  16194939_235666790225103_8100503862915385851_n
 
Giveaway
Kindle Fire 7" Tablet Wi-Fi, 8 GB - with Special Offers, Blk & $30 Sew Chic Gift Certificate
 
 
 
16298606_235666796891769_8987739787319821351_n
 
rise_full-4
    Shanda's Review

3.5 stars
Rise is the story of Adelaide Hassan. At a young age her father is implicated in accounting fraud at Enron. This leaves her father on the run and mother and siblings hiding with new identities so they can try and move on with life. The experience has left Adelaide bitter and angry at her mother who has continued to love her father. She has worked hard to become a lawyer and his now living in London. Adelaide keeps her walls up and is afraid of becoming her mother. In London she meets Simon and they are instantly attracted. Simon is a hard working architect with secrets of his own. There is a constant push and pull between these two. Simon is currently caring for his baby nephew because his sister is in jail. Due to the damage of his childhood he feels he has to be on his game at all times for his family. He wants Adelaide but doesn’t feel like he can make time for her.

I really liked how this story started out. I liked both Simon and Adelaide and their chemistry. Simon’s secrets about his situation were frustrating. He kept leaving Adelaide hanging when he should have just told her what was going on in life instead of being so secretive. I felt it a bit forced. For the most part the writing was pretty strong until midway and then it started feeling a bit stilted. I think that was partly due to the sexy times. While these two were very hot together the dirty talk felt off. I am not sure why.

I would have also liked a deeper exploration into the FBI story and investigation into her father. I felt like this was a missed opportunity and could have added some excitement to the story. The end of the book was confusing to me. While I loved that Simon and Adelaide worked things out and got their HEA the story with the father was hanging. No I don’t think Rise is a cliffy but where do the mother and father end up as far as the case goes?

All in all I didn’t love this book but I didn’t hate it either. I enjoyed it. I really appreciated the uniqueness of the characters and storyline. I also loved the setting and the author did a great job with the detail here. It was a good debut and I would definitely pick up another book by Dylan Allen.
About the Author
Dylan Allen is a Texas girl with a serious case of wanderlust. A self-proclaimed happily ever junkie, she loves creating stories where her characters chase their own happy endings. When she isn’t writing or reading, eating or cooking, she and her family are planning their next adventure.    
Connect with Dylan Allen
Newsletter Sign Up: http://bit.ly/2keVjl8
Facebook Author Page: http://bit.ly/2kp67Ri
Facebook Reader Group: http://bit.ly/2jWq80y
Goodreads Author Page: http://bit.ly/2kpUQMy
  cropped-SSFprLogo3.png

Comments

Popular Posts