Blog Tour & Review - Prophet Takes All by Melissa Brown













Prophet Takes All  (Compound Series #4)
by Melissa Brown
Release Date: October 25, 2016 
Add to Goodreads

Amazon


SYNOPSIS


Fools.
So many fools. Nothing but fools.

That worm of a detective, my mother, Paul. Fools—all of them. But Aspen, oh Aspen…she was the biggest fool of all.

Aspen Black, a seemingly ordinary woman of the compound, transformed into the utter bane of my existence in just a matter of months. She had the gall to question me, to seek the counsel of an outsider, and to disobey my word.

To add to her list of transgressions, Aspen recruited my own brother in the crusade against me. For this, they must both be punished. And their daughter, Ruthie, is the key to their retribution.

Aspen and Paul will pay for their crimes against the one true prophet. If it’s the very last thing I do.






*My review contains mild series spoilers*

I wasn't sure how to feel about this book at first. I didn't think I would like it written strictly from the Prophet's pov. Fortunately it's not. We also get Ruthie's, Aspen's, Paul's, Sarah's, Isaac's, etc. But, surprisingly, I didn't hate the Prophet's pov. I thought it was clever of Brown because we were able to learn the full extent of the Prophet's plan without it actually happening. And you may think I'm crazy but I thought he was kind of funny in the way a power-hungry, bumbling, ego-maniac can be.

The only thing I didn't like was how Detective Cooke, such an important character in Mother Before Wife and Just Keep Sweet, was just kind of thrown aside in this book. It was hinted he might be a possible love interest but it felt like Brown changed her mind so she cut him out almost completely. Like she didn't know what to do with him. Of course, if he ends up getting his own book then I take back what I said. Lol.

Also, it didn't bother me but it might bother other readers, this book had zero steam. I would hardly even classify it as a romance in comparison to the previous books in the series. But Brown is in the unusual situation of having the H sleeping with a dozen women and having it be perfectly acceptable so I appreciated her predicament and I didn't let the vagueness bother me.

Otherwise, it was an enjoyable read. I'm satisfied with the ending. I love this series. Well done.






Other Books in The Compound Series 






GIVEAWAY



AUTHOR PROFILE


 Melissa Brown was born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago. She attended the University of Illinois and is the mother of two fantastic kids. She's an avid reader who enjoys making handmade gifts for her family and friends, as well as baking and painting. Melissa has an unhealthy obsession with pop culture. She speaks fluent movie quotes from the 1980s (John Hughes = genius), reads celebrity gossip magazines and never misses an episode of Scandal. She enjoys writing contemporary romance, romantic suspense and young adult novels.

All of Melissa's books are currently available exclusively through Amazon.com and are part of the Kindle Unlimited Program.

Comments

Popular Posts