BLITZ & REVIEW - Into the Tomorrows by Whitney Barbetti

 
RELEASE BLITZ
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
INTO THE TOMORROWS is the first in a new series! It has been called "Intense, Heartbreaking & Beautiful." 


Make sure you get this while it is STILL #99cents! Also, you can read it for #FREE with #KindleUnlimited #1Click #tentguy #ITT 

SYNOPSIS

I was born in sadness, which was just the beginning of a solemn and desolate life. I'm no stranger to pain—none of us are. The night I held my best friend's hand as she died, I understood true agony. And I never thought I'd feel happiness again.

But that was so long ago...

Moving to Colorado to be with Colin, my high school sweetheart, was the perfect way to start over and rekindle what had begun to fizzle. I wanted that spark to ignite, to burn in passion and desire. Instead, I found myself falling for Jude, my boyfriend's roommate. He’s the only person who understands my soul, who can breach the walls I’ve built. But I can't have him.

Because I'm Trista Kohl, and my destiny is sorrow.
 

 



 
 
Shanda's Review
 
I think Into the Tomorrows was a sad and painful beginning to Trista’s story. At times I found her to be frustrating but when you learn her background you will understand her a bit. There is one story she told Jude about her mother that really spoke to why she had no self-worth. Sadly this carried over into her continuing a relationship with Cole that was way past its expiration date. I didn’t understand Cole’s motivations at all and he was mean, selfish, and weak. I honestly didn’t understand why Jude was his friend for so long. I was kind of bummed that my suspicions about Jude’s sister were confirmed. Mainly because I wanted to think better of her and I think the dynamic between Jude, Cole, and Mila was a little weird. It is explained a bit but I think the secrets they all kept were kind of cruel.

I really loved Jude. He was so sweet and supportive and really “saw” Trista. Trista is a sad and lonely girl that has not found her way in the world yet. She has never been anything other than Colins’ girlfriend or Ellie’s friend. You compound this with the devastating grief over the death of her best friend she is kind of stuck. I think she really needs to find herself and learn to love herself. Jude was so patient and loving in trying to guide her towards the things she needed to change.

I am not sure yet if this really needed a book two mainly because I think parts of it dragged in the beginning. I can’t say for sure though until I read book two. I do think the relationship between Colin and Trista was hard to read and could have been skimmed down. I do like how things ended for Trista and I hope she really learns some things about herself and grows some more. I think the ending was pretty solid and I am hopeful that Trista will find some happiness in book two.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts