RELEASE BLITZ & REVIEWS - DARK NOTES by PAM GODWIN

 
 
 

Goodreads link 

Release Day Facebook Party (April 5) 
 
 
 
Blurb

They call me a slut. Maybe I am.
Sometimes I do things I despise.
Sometimes men take without asking.

But I have a musical gift, only a year left of high school, and a plan.
With one obstacle.

Emeric Marceaux doesn’t just take.
He seizes my will power and bangs it like a dark note.
When he commands me to play, I want to give him everything.
I kneel for his punishments, tremble for his touch, and risk it all for our stolen moments.

He’s my obsession, my master, my music.
And my teacher.
 
 

ANGIE'S REVIEW

**No spoilers but my review may feel spoilery if you want to go into the story blind.**

I didn't love this as much as I thought I would. It started out great. Ivory lives in an abusive home in an underprivileged and dangerous neighborhood in New Orleans. But thanks to her father's foresight and her amazing talent, Ivory gets to attend a prestigious high school of the arts. She has big dreams of a better life.

Emeric is now teaching at Ivory's school. After being involved in a scandal at his previous place of employment, he had to make an unsavory deal with the Dean for his new position. Once it all unraveled I was thinking, "Oooh, this is gonna be good!" Wrong.

There were so many layers to this story that were fleshed out nicely in the beginning but then it was kind of all over the place and finally just fell flat. The angst was non-existent and so was the climax. Everything wrapped up too quickly and in an unexpected way. Not the good kind. There were just too many things that didn't make sense.

If you're a fan of Godwin you know the woman can write one helluva sex scene but I was unimpressed with the BDSM aspect. This book is NOT dark, so if you're expecting it to be you'll be disappointed. Also, when it's a teacher/student romance you've got to make sure it sways more to the side of soulmates rather than sexual predator and I'm not so sure that was achieved. Emeric was willing to risk everything...again. And he barely resisted. It seemed unlikely especially after what he just went through. Still a fan of Godwin but this book was a miss for me.
 
 
 
 

 

 
Author
 
 

Author bio

New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, Pam Godwin, lives in the Midwest with her husband, their two children, and a foulmouthed parrot. When she ran away, she traveled fourteen countries across five continents, attended three universities, and married the vocalist of her favorite rock band.

Java, tobacco, and dark romance novels are her favorite indulgences, and might be considered more unhealthy than her aversion to sleeping, eating meat, and dolls with blinking eyes.

Author links





Other books by Pam Godwin

Deliver Series:
 
   
 

Trilogy of Eve Series:
 
       
 

Stand-alones:
DIRTY TIES:
 
 

BENEATH THE BURN:
 
 
 
Giveaway → $50 Amazon Gift Card (This will run Apr 5 to Apr 11)


HTML code for Giveawaya Rafflecopter giveaway





Comments

Popular Posts