RELEASE BLITZ & REVIEWS - DESPERATELY SEEKING EPIC by BN TOLER

 
Title: Desperately Seeking Epic
Author: B N Toler
Release Date: March 23, 2016
Find on Goodreads
 
 
 
Paul James loved Clara Bateman.
Hating her would have been easier.
She was the past, and he was hell-bent on keeping her there.
Or so he thought...
 
Craigslist Ad: DESPERATELY SEEKING EPIC
 
You’re my father.
I don’t know much about you. I know your name is Paul James, you’re a thrill seeker, and once upon a time you did stunts and people called you ‘Epic.’
I’ve been told you don’t know about me. That it’s complicated.
But for me it’s simple.
Here’s the thing: I’m twelve years old…and I’m dying.
And as much as this could crush my mother, I have to meet you before I go.
In time, I’m sure she’ll understand. She’s still in love with you.
So, Epic, if you read this, please come back. You don’t have to be my dad. You don’t even have to tell me you love me or you’re sorry. Just come see me.
 
Patiently waiting, but running out of time,
Neena 
 
 
 
 
5 EPIC STARS
 
Wow, just wow! I knew from reading the blurb this story could potentially gut me, but what I loved about this story was how much I laughed. Desperately Seeking Epic is a beautiful, funny, and touching story.

The heroine of our story is Neena, a 12 year old girl that is dying and trying to find her father. I loved the creative path B.N. Toler took in telling this story. The story switches between past and present, but is done in a fantastic and unique way.

Paul and Clara were meant for each other but a misunderstanding tears them apart. I really loved the chemistry they had, and learning how they connected was fun to read. My only slight issue I had with their journey was the reason for their split. I felt it didn’t make much sense, especially for how long it went on.

I loved all of the characters and Marcus was so much fun and had me cracking up. Neena was a beautiful and sweet soul; I fell in love with her. She had so much life in her, and despite what was happening she was trying to squeeze the most out of life. Ms. Toler also did a fabulous job developing each character and the realism was amazing. The anger between Paul and Clara, 12 year old Neena heartbroken and angry at times over what she couldn’t have, and the love between all of them felt so real, pure, and beautiful.

Well done B.N. Toler. I didn’t really know what to expect going into this story but I am so glad I decided to give it a try.
 

5 damn that was good STARS

Neena is twelve years old. And she's dying. What she wants most is to meet her dad. Not just for herself, she doesn't want her mother, Clara, to be alone.

Paul is a former stuntman but he also co-owns a skydiving business with Clara. Except for the past thirteen years he's been out of touch. But when he learns about Neena he can't help but be touched and he plans to stick around.

I thought the way Toler switched from past to present was clever. I thought Toler did a great job capturing the realism of what families go through. I loved all the characters. Neena was a sweetheart. And Marcus was a perfect side character - he provided the perfect amount of comic relief. From the blurb I knew there would be tears but I was surprised by how much I laughed.

I was happy with the ending. I was smiling through the tears. Just a beautiful story. I'll definitely be on the lookout for more reads from Toler. Well done!

 
 
 
 
B N Toler lives in Virginia. When she's not reading and writing, she's thinking about reading and writing. Before she became a self-proclaimed writer, she worked as a real estate agent and as an orthodontic technician. **She will notice your teeth before your eyes or hair or anything.**

She enjoys shopping (way too much) and is on a first name basis with several employees at the local Target in her town.

She loves music,(bluegrass, country, 80's, actually she loves most music ~her favorite song is American Pie by Don McLean and she worships anything that is Elvis and Johnny Cash and Eric Church) dancing, (even though she sucks at it)reading, writing, eating (too much) sleeping late, (which she rarely gets to do) and laughing. If you can make her laugh, she will love you forever.
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts