RELEASE BLITZ + REVIEW - PIECES OF HIM by Alice Tribue







Title: Pieces of Him
Author: Alice Tribue
Genre: Contemporary Romance 
 Release Date: January 25, 2016



Blurb

You want the truth?

The truth is there’ll never be enough time in the world to figure out how to go back.

I’ll never come up with a way to change the outcome.

The truth is I don’t need to hear I have a son.

I can’t deny it’s real because he’s the living, breathing proof my life is out of control.

But the truth is I love him.

The truth is it’s just him and me for the foreseeable future…

Until I met a girl who crossed my heart and changed it all.

Emelia was a bright star in my abandoned sky, and it would take a miracle to keep her there.

I’ll fight for miracles, though, because losing them would mean losing pieces of me.








Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK



 
SHANDA'S REVIEW

3.5 stars
Pieces of Him was a tough read for me at first because I didn’t care for the lead Max. The book starts off with a bang with Max finding out some news he isn’t prepared to handle. I completely understood his fears and sympathized with him to some extent. But Max really comes off as a major jerk and it is really hard to like him. You make choices in life and they have consequences, and Max’s reaction was very off putting.

Thankfully Emelia enters Max’s life at the right time and helps clear his head. Emelia is Max’s new neighbor; she comes from a world of privilege but has moved out to make it on her own. I really liked that Emelia wasn’t afraid to get in Max’s face and tell him off. I like how she bonded with Max’s family and helped out. Max did grow on me as he bonded and his relationship with Emelia grew. I actually think their relationship was too insta-love, and I didn’t care for it because I found it a bit unbelievable for a person like Max. At times I couldn’t decide if he was falling for Emelia or what she could give him.

I didn’t get the motivation with Emelia’s ex-boyfriend. I think more story was needed here. I wasn’t really invested as the why he did what he did.

All said I did enjoy this story. It flowed fast and I couldn’t put it down. I really enjoyed all the scenes with Xander and I loved the epilogues with him.



Author Bio
Alice Tribue lives with her husband and daughter in New Jersey. She has a bachelors degree in communications and is currently working on her masters degree. She spends most of her free time reading, writing, and when the weather permits lounging out on a beach.



Author Links

Comments

Popular Posts